event 14 Feb 2020Book nowReading for Pleasure On and With Screens is a one-day workshop developed in partnership with UCL Institute of Education, exploring how to harness technology to promote reading for... event 31 Jan 2020 - 01 May 2020Book now
Gender and Literacy: Improving boys' reading and writing - LiverpoolThis training helps Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers understand the evidence around boys’ literacy and identify the factors underpinning success.
event 07 Feb 2020 - 30 Apr 2020Book now
Teaching Reading in Key Stage 2 - WokinghamIn response to challenges presented in Key Stage 2 SATs, we developed this programme to help teachers build strategies to improve reading comprehension.
- Develop an understanding of evidence around the gender gap in literacy and try new approaches
- This course, run by the NewsWise programme team, will help you to increase your pupils' awareness of the media’s impact upon their behaviour, identity and wellbeing.
Could you host training?
We are always looking for enthusiastic schools across the UK to host our training programmes. We ask you to:
- Provide a teaching space with IT facilities
- Print resources for the sessions
- Organise lunch where required
In return, we offer a complimentary place on the course. This is also a great opportunity for you to position yourself as a research-led school.