event 04 Dec 2019 - 17 Apr 2020Book now2-day training to develop reading skills including comprehension and vocabulary. event 14 Feb 2020Book now
Reading for Pleasure On and With Screens - CheshireReading for Pleasure On and With Screens is a one-day workshop developed in partnership with UCL Institute of Education, exploring how to harness technology to promote reading for...
event 15 Jan 2020 - 02 Jul 2020Book now
Improving Writing in Key Stage 2 - LeicestershireA course to help Key Stage 2 teachers use memorable experiences and to teach self-regulation, building high quality writing.
- Develop an understanding of evidence around the gender gap in literacy and try new approaches
- This course, run by the NewsWise programme team, will help you to increase your pupils' awareness of the media’s impact upon their behaviour, identity and wellbeing.
Could you host training?
We are always looking for enthusiastic schools across the UK to host our training programmes. We ask you to:
- Provide a teaching space with IT facilities
- Print resources for the sessions
- Organise lunch where required
In return, we offer a complimentary place on the course. This is also a great opportunity for you to position yourself as a research-led school.