In alignment with the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) school guide to implementation, this CPD does not treat implementing change as an event but instead as a process with every aspect planned and executed in stages.
The course is available in a 1.5 day version, with days spread across one or two terms to allow time for action research.
- Key principles of developing writing strategies with self-regulation
- In-depth look at, and suggested activities for, the six stages of the IPEELL approach
- Ways to build pupils' confidence and change their attitudes toward writing
- Using peer assessment so pupils can learn from an support each other (aligns with EEF toolkit: feedback)
- Next steps - implementing the approach in school and planning a memorable experience
Day 2 (half day)
- Reflect on the experience of the using the approach to writing in the classroom
- Evaluate the impact IPEELL has had on your pupils' writing
- Showcase your pupils' independent work based on their memorable experience
To promote collaborative practice, we encourage two teachers including the literacy lead from each school to participate.
- £350 for the first participant, £250 for each colleague*
- We invite a head or senior leader from each school to attend the first session free of charge
- Follow up support visits to your school are also available at an additional cost of £350
- Attendance includes one year's membership of the National Literacy Trust giving all teachers in the school access to a range of resources.
*existing National Literacy Trust Members receive a £50 discount per school