We’re asking book clubs around the country to get together and raise money to help change a child’s life story.
Win an author visit
Every book club that raises over £200 before 1 March 2019 will be entered into a draw for the chance to win a visit to their book club from a bestselling author:
- Adele Parks is the author of 17 Sunday Times bestsellers, with over 3 million copies sold in the UK, and is in the top 1% of most-borrowed library authors. Her latest novel, I Invited Her In, was published in September.
- Dorothy Koomson is the award-winning author of 14 novels including My Best Friend's Girl, The Ice Cream Girls and The Brighton Mermaid.
- Milly Johnson is an award-winning author of feelgood fiction. She has written 15 bestselling novels with over two million sales worldwide.
Book clubs could also win a wine-tasting event.
- £200 can help give eight parents with low literacy skills themselves the support they need to help develop their children’s reading at home
- £200 can help us give 60 children their very first book
You can raise money any way you like. We’ve listed a few options below but feel free to let your imaginations run wild!
- Hold a cake sale
- Run a second hand book sale
- Introduce fines for not reading the book
- Sacrifice the wine for a week and donate the money or charge people for a glass!
- Run a sweepstake
- Put on a pub quiz in your local (we have a brilliant literary themed quiz for you!)
- Or just make a donation
We have all the materials you need to hold an amazing fundraiser for us including:
- Downloadable bunting
- Fundraising guides
- Collection boxes
Please register your book club on the form below to receive our fundraising guide. If you have any questions, please contact Katharine.