Date Friday 1 November
Time 10am - 3pm
Venue Central Forest Park, Stoke
We're hosting a family fun day in Stoke-on-Trent on Friday 1 November, celebrating the 30th anniversary of We're Going on a Bear Hunt.
- Attend a teddy bear’s picnic courtesy of Wrights Pies
- Join local storyteller Alan Barrett on a real life Bear Hunt at 10:30, 12:00 and 13:30.
- Climb aboard the Little Library Van for storytelling and to collect a library card
- Make your own clay bear and try bug-hunting with Staffordshire Wildlife Trust
- Get flexy with Stretchy Stories – special yoga just for kids (running on the hour all day)
- Learn new football skills with players from Port Vale FC
- Pick up Story Quest booklets and hear exciting Christmas plans
In addition to all these activities and taking home a special anniversary copy of the book, families with children aged 0-5 can join our volunteers who will be hosting various activities for families as part of our Small Talk project. Small Talk aims to help parents turn the things they are already doing with their children every day into new opportunities to fill their child’s world with words.
Children who take part in the activities will be given a free tote bag to take home, filled with goodies including a brand new book, bubbles, activity sheets and a fridge magnet.
The National Literacy Trust team will also be promoting Story Quest, a series of story trails with free prizes in Burslem and Tunstall.
The event is the culmination of a year of nationwide activity celebrating the 30th anniversary of this much-loved children's book.
Please note that this event is outside: wellies and warm clothes recommended!