Story Quest is a series of six free story trails for families to complete this summer in Burslem and Tunstall. Families can join characters Josh, Yasmin, Grandpa Matt and Valiant the puppy as they hunt for treasure, meet local celebrities and travel back in time.
Every time you complete a story trail, you can claim a special prize!
The stories are written for primary school aged children to read together with their parents/guardians and the walks are suitable for all levels of fitness.
How to take part
To take part, you should:
- Complete this short survey
- Find the right pick-up point for your story - you can pick up the story book from there, or you can download it on this page
- Claim your prize from the relevant pick-up point or by filling out the form on this page
Pick up points
- Story 1, The Mammoth Mystery: Tunstall Library, open 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, and 10:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays
- Story 2, Flight to Fame: Green Door, open from Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30 to 15:30
- Story 3, Pitch Perfect: Port Vale Shop, open from Monday to Saturday, 9:00 to 17:00
There will be three more exciting stories coming at the end of August!
Story Quest events
Each Story Quest location will also host a free mini festival of sport for families over the summer holidays!
- Friday 26 July: Tunstall Park
- Saturday 3 August: Westport Lake
- Saturday 10 August: Burslem Park
- Saturday 17 August: Market Place, Burslem
- Saturday 24 August: Ford Green Hall
- Saturday 7 September: Tower Square, Tunstall
All events are from 10am until 1pm.