The workshop takes place over one day.
- Explore the research evidence on academic language in education
- Understand the literacy demands of curriculum subjects
- From talk to writing: understanding the register continuum
- Learn strategies for improving talking and writing in an academic style
- Plan for implementing these strategies and activities back in your school
The training is more effective when a cross-section of subjects are represented, so we encourage at least two teachers from each school (including the literacy lead) to attend.
- £175 for the first participant per school
- Additional places £125*
- 1 day workshop available as whole school inset - prices available on request
- Follow up consultancy may be available on request
Attendance includes a £25 discount on National Literacy Trust Membership
*existing members receive a £25 discount on the workshop per school