07 Mar 2024
9:30am - 10:00am
Teachers and pupils, join our free online 30-minute quiz!
Join us for our third World Book Day Premier League Takeover quiz!
The 30-minute quiz* will feature two rounds of questions (one football-themed, one reading-themed) pitched by your footballing heroes and our writer pals.
Hosted by a top presenter, your school has the chance to participate live, win prizes and generally have a ball.
Register to take part by completing our form below. Joining instructions will be sent out automatically (check your spam box!).
Who should attend?
Webinars are open to all teachers based in primary or secondary schools, public or community libraries across the UK and Club Community Organisations working in schools. The webinar is ideal to share with pupils aged 8 to 12 (Years 4, 5, 6 and 7, P5, P6, P7 and S1). Non-footy fans will also enjoy!
The session will:
- Promote reading to pupils in a fun and interactive way
- Engage your pupils in reading activities
- Showcase reading role models – giving pupils ‘permission’ to read
- Give your class the chance to ask for shout-outs from the presenters
- Give you the chance to win great prizes for you and your class
We hope the quiz will have a little bit of something for everyone and all your pupils in these year groups should be able to take part. They do not need to be super-confident, or super-experienced, readers, or even big footy fans.
You will be able to interact with the presenters through the chat function, but you will not be able to chat, or see the chat from other schools. Unless asked by the National Literacy Trust within the event as part of the quiz, schools will not be able to turn their camera or microphone on.
This event will take place as a Zoom Webinar and, although the best way to take part is live, it will remain on the National Literacy Trust's Words for Life website as a resource video after the event.
- Can I share the access code? Yes you can. When you register, please indicate the total number of pupils attending across classes.
- What if the event is full and I can't get in? We do have a finite number of spaces for the event. If you can't get in, you can still stream the event live on the National Literacy Trust YouTube channel: youtube.com/LiteracyTrust.
- What if I have technical issues? If you can't get in, you can still stream the event live on the National Literacy Trust YouTube channel: youtube.com/LiteracyTrust.
- Will there be a recording of the event? Yes. A recording will be posted on our Words for Life website week commencing 11 March 2024.
If you have any other queries please email email@example.com with ‘WBD24 query' in the subject heading.
*Well, occasionally these things dribble over the line by a few minutes...!