The course takes place over two days, spread across two terms to allow critical reflection between sessions.
To promote collaborative practice, we encourage two teachers including the literacy lead from each school to participate. We also invite a head or senior leader to attend the first session free of charge.
- Where does comprehension sit in relation to the wider concept of reading
- The key processes of comprehension - deepening our knowledge
- Evaluation of current strategies and practice
- Next steps
- Digging deeper: exploring and developing inference
- Balancing teaching and testing
- The importance of vocabulary instruction
- The importance of knowledge of children's literature
- £450 for the first participant
- £300 for each additional participant
- Attendance includes one year's membership of the National Literacy Trust giving all teachers in the school access to a range of resources*
*existing National Literacy Trust Members receive a £50 discount per school