These easy-to-deliver resources are designed to help children settle in to the nursery and classroom environment, and will allow them to refresh and develop their communication, language and literacy skills.
New books such as While We Can't Hug by Eoin McLaughlin and Polly Dunbar, published by Faber and Faber, can help children understand the changes that have been happening all around them recently. Listen to Eoin introduce the book and read the story.
We also offer guidance for hosting Facebook Live activity sessions with your families so that you can support parents and children virtually.
The resources include:
- A list of books to support children's mental wellbeing
- Session plans linked to Ruby's Worry and Ravi's Roar, both by Tom Percival, to help children share and understand their feelings and to help create a sense of belonging in the new environment (can be used for nursery, reception and Year 1)
- Guidance and session plans for hosting virtual meet-ups using Facebook live with families who may have particular reasons for not being able to attend in person
The resources support:
- Communication and language.
- Partnership with parents.
We will continue to update this page with relevant and useful resources. Please email email@example.com with any particular requests or suggestions.