Children will understandably be coming to school or nursery with additional anxieties in the current crisis. These easy-to-deliver resources are designed to help children settle into the nursery and classroom environment and will allow them to refresh and develop their communication, language and literacy skills.
New books such as While We Can't Hug by Eoin McLaughlin and Polly Dunbar, published by Faber and Faber, can help children understand the changes that are happening all around them. Listen to Eoin introduce the book and read the story.
Some children and families will choose to remain at home while settings re-open. We offer guidance for hosting Facebook Live activity sessions with your families so that you can still support parents and children virtually during these challenging times.
The resources include:
- A list of books to support children's mental wellbeing.
- A session plan linked to Ruby's Worry by Tom Percival to help children share their feelings and feel a sense of belonging in the new environment (can be used for nursery, reception and Year 1).
- Guidance and session plans for hosting virtual meet-ups with families using Facebook Live.
The resources support:
- Communication and language.
- Partnership with parents.
We will continue to update this page with relevant and useful resources. Please email email@example.com with any particular requests or suggestions.