A reading challenge for Key Stage 1 and lower Key Stage 2 based on the popular Magic Animal Friends and Frankie’s Magic Football series. Pupils record their reading journey in their own special log books and every 10 minutes they read takes them a step closer to the finish – 10 hours of reading in total.
The following teaching resources are available:
- Cross-curricular literacy activities related to the Frankie's Magic Football or Magic Animal Friends books
- A supporting booklist of other titles relating to the Frankie’s Magic Football and Magic Animal Friends series to build on pupils' interests and support further reading
- In addition you can also download all the supporting resources needed to run the challenge:
- A beautifully designed Frankie’s Magic Football or Magic Animal Friends themed reading log into which pupils can record their reading
- A certificate that teachers can present to every pupil who completes the reading challenge
- A poster that could be displayed in the classroom to promote the reading adventure
These resources were created in partnership with Hachette Children’s Group for a competition we ran in 2016.
You might also be interested in
ProgrammeHere you will find speaker presentations from the inaugural National Literacy Trust primary conference, Everyone back to school: literacy by stealth.View details about Primary conference 2021 resources
PremiumSchool libraries have the potential to have an important impact on many areas of pupil development including pupil skills, motivation and enjoyment, not only in reading, but in a...View details about School libraries - the beating heart of the school