About the event
Join Lisette Auton, author of The Secret of Haven Point, for a free creative writing workshop. Hear about Lisette’s book and her inspirations then have a go at creating your own world.
Will your world be inspired by the world around you or will it be fantastical? What kind of people or creatures might you put in your world? What will it look, feel or smell like? All materials will be provided for this session.
This event is suited to children aged 8-12
When: Sunday 27 November, 12-1pm
Where: Discovery Museum
Please arrive 10 minutes before the event is due to start.
This event is organised by the National Literacy Trust’s Read North East Hub, in partnership with Northern Children’s Book Festival. Funded by Arts Council England, with thanks to The Discovery Museum.
Follow our Facebook page for more exciting announcements!
If you have any trouble completing the booking, please contact Connecting.Stories@literacytrust.org.uk
About the author
Lisette Auton's work focuses on identity, process, kindness and access. Disabled, neurodivergent and northern, some say she’s a word artist, she says she does stuff with words.
As a writer and artist, she works with words in all its forms, as an author, as a solo artist, with collaborators, and alongside wonderful humans as a creative practitioner and mentor.
Lisette is an award-winning poet; the 2019 Early Careers Fellow for Literature at Cove Park; on the TSS Publishing list of Best British & Irish Flash Fiction; and winner of The Journal Culture Award 2021 for Performance of the Year for WRITING THE MISSING – A RIVER CYCLE commissioned by Durham Book Festival. Her debut middle grade novel THE SECRET OF HAVEN POINT was published by Puffin in February 2022, with THE STICKLEBACK CATCHERS to follow in February 2023.
Visit Lisette's website.
Getting to Discovery Museum
Newcastle upon Tyne
Visit their website
- Younger or older children welcome but please note the session is best suited to 8 to 12-year-olds.
- Prams and buggies welcome
- This event will include a craft activity for children to complete, all materials provided
- This event is free to attend, please ensure you have a ticket for each person
- For questions relating to the venue, access and travel, please contact Discovery Museum
- For questions relating to the event, tickets or any other questions, please contact: Connecting.Stories@literacytrust.org.uk