National Literacy Trust membershipManchester schools were provided with National Literacy Trust membership in 2015/16, but must purchase membership for this year. Members have access to a huge range of resources to help schools to improve literacy provision, including evaluation tools, lesson plans, case studies and reading lists. This includes:
- the Annual Literacy Review, which supports literacy leaders to review their school's current literacy provision and develop an action plan for moving forward
- the Literacy Guide for Schools, which helps interpret the ongoing policy changes and important research in key areas of literacy
Sport and literacyThe Read Manchester campaign has teamed up with the SHINE Trust to deliver football-focused literacy activity in primary schools in Greater Manchester.
Primary schools taking part will receive:
- Access to workshops exploring themes around sport, reading for pleasure and boys’ literacy. Schools will be encouraged to access the new Premier League Primary Stars resources, which includes the 10-week Premier League Reading Stars intervention
- Free books for the school
- Access to events at exciting local venues which bring together pupils, authors and football to celebrate reading
If you are interested in getting involved, register your interest.