The experience of inequality during the crisis has given a new focus and impetus to our work. Our commitment to our mission has never been stronger.Jonathan Douglas, Chief Executive
Our impact in 2019/2020
- We supported the literacy of 268,490 children through our programmes and activities.
- 97% of teachers who took part in our Literacy for Learning programme said it improved their understanding of disciplinary literacy.
- We gifted 196,161 free books through our programmes and community-based activity, including during lockdown.
- Our new Family Zone platform helped 400,000 parents support their children’s literacy during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- We launched Birmingham Stories, Doncaster Stories and Get Blackpool Reading.
- 98% of teachers thought our Young Readers Programme had a positive impact on their students’ reading enjoyment.
Read the full report to find out more!