How long is the training?
This online training involves two 90-minute sessions.
Session one: Wednesday 13 October 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Wednesday 3 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session one: Wednesday 12 January 2022 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Wednesday 26 January 2022 14.30 – 16.00
What will I learn?
- Explores the literacy demands of GCSE subjects
- Develops strategies for improving reading comprehension, focusing on active reading.
- Highlights different text types for subject areas and specific writing conventions for different subjects.
- Promotes the teaching of academic language and direct vocabulary instruction.
- Examines the use of key academic writing tools such as nominalisation.
Who is the training suitable for?
- For teachers of GCSE subjects.
- For whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators.
What are the costs?
£110 for a single ticket
£1,100 for a group session
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: email@example.com