event 25 Nov 2019Book nowThe reformed GCSEs place greater demands on pupils’ literacy skills. In line with new recommendations from the EEF, this one-day workshop helps teachers meet this challenge. event 02 Mar 2020Book now
Understanding Literacy for GCSEs: Teaching disciplinary literacy - PortsmouthThe reformed GCSEs place greater demands on pupils’ literacy skills. In line with new recommendations from the EEF, this one-day workshop helps teachers meet this challenge.
event 31 Jan 2020 - 01 May 2020Book now
Gender and Literacy: Improving boys' reading and writing - LiverpoolThis training helps Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers understand the evidence around boys’ literacy and identify the factors underpinning success.
- 1.5 day CPD for secondary teachers to build skills in reading and address issues around transition.
- This one-day workshop examines the importance of developing reading skills and building vocabulary as an integral part of literacy.
- Develop an understanding of evidence around the gender gap in literacy and try new approaches
- Explore language features of different subjects and develop skills to embed literacy in your teaching.
Could you host training?
We are always looking for enthusiastic schools across the UK to host our training programmes. We ask you to:
- Provide a teaching space with IT facilities
- Print resources for the sessions
- Organise lunch where required
In return, we offer a complimentary place on the course. This is also a great opportunity for you to position yourself as a research-led school.