Initially, fundraising can seem quite overwhelming, but don't worry because we're here to help! We've added some key information and resources that will help you get started below, but please do contact us if you still have unanswered questions.
Top tips of asking for money
Asking for donations from family and friends can be a daunting prospect, however our top tips make it simple and straightforward.
Fundraising event or activity poster
Advertise your fundraising activity or event with our downloadable poster.
Brighten up your fundraising bake sale or school fair with some of our National Literacy Trust-branded downloadable bunting.
Our fundraising guide contains information on how your money will help to support our work, as well as some tried and tested fundraising activity ideas to give you some inspiration.
JustGiving cheat sheet
JustGiving is the easiest and most convenient way to collect donations, as they will come straight to us and Gift Aid will be added automatically. To set up your JustGiving page, follow these instructions and use our tips below to maximise your page's fundraising potential:
- Tell your story: Tell your supporters about the National Literacy Trust, and why you have decided to fundraise.
- Add a photo: Make it personal! Your supporters will be more generous if they can see a friendly face.
- Set a target: People with a target on their page raise significantly more than those who don’t
Other ways to get your money to us
If JustGiving is not suitable for your fundraising activity or you are thinking of collecting donations in cash, there are several ways to get your money to us:
- Donate via our website: Deposit the money in your bank account and make a donation here. Don't forget to let us know how you raised the money so we can send you a proper thank you!
- Donate via bank transfer: Email us to request our bank details and make a bank transfer, making sure you include a clear reference so we can identify where the donation came from.
- Send us a cheque: Please make it payable to National Literacy Trust and send it to 68 South Lambeth Road, London, SW8 1RL. Include a note to tell us how you raised the money.
Why not get creative and organise your own fundraising event in your local community? We're lucky to have many amazing community fundraisers - read their stories to...Learn more