Thank you for attending our Reading for Pleasure On and With Screens workshop! Here you will find the slides and handouts from the session.
If you've just attended, we hoped you enjoyed it. If you're about to attend, please download the following apps onto a tablet or smartphone device if you have one available. If you don't have one don't worry - we will have devices for you to try out on the day.
Apps to download:
Please also bring with you a book (either paper or on an app) that you've read recently and couldn't put down.
Whether you've completed the course or are about to attend, this further reading will also help you expand your knowledge and understanding:
- Clark, C & Picton, I (2019) Children, young people and digital reading, National Literacy Trust
- Clark, C & Picton, I. (2015) The Impact of ebooks on the Reading Motivation and Reading Skills of Children and Young People, National Literacy Trust
- Schleicher, A (2019) Pisa 2018: Insights and interpretations
- Flewitt, R., Kucirkova, N. & Messer, D. (2014), Touching the virtual, touching the real: iPads and enabling literacy for students experiencing disability, Australian Journal of Language and Literacy
- Clark, C. (2019), Children and young people’s reading in 2017/18, National Literacy Trust
- Cremin, T. (2008), Building Communities of Readers, UKLA Publications
Please email one of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org call 0207 587 3067 and we will be happy to help.