This page contains relevant documents for participants in our Raising Standards in Reading Comprehension 2-day professional development training.
You can share these documents with colleagues and use them to support your work in school.
- Presentation from day 1 of the course
- Presentation from day 2
- Action plan format
- Example of instructional activities
- Reading list for vocabulary
- National curriculum reading framework
- Pie Corbett – book talk
- Hyponemic hierarchies
About Raising Standards in Reading Comprehension:
This professional development course is aimed at teachers and literacy leaders in Key Stage 2. It helps you to:
- Explore practical and creative approaches to develop pupils' comprehension strategies in the classroom
- Explore inference as the key to great readers
- Develop an action plan with strategies learned from research/develop tools and resources for effective whole school practice
- Create an environment of collaborative study, professional dialogue and critical reflection through joint practice development