We developed these Comedy Classroom resources in partnership with BBC Learning. They provide a framework to explore comedy writing with pupils while enjoying plenty of laughter at the same time.
Our resource packs for primary and secondary school teachers provide ways to mobilise great comedy writing and help students develop their own skills creating jokes, sketches and comedy captions.
Each resource pack includes
- Three 60-minute teaching sequences covering joke writing, writing a parody sketch and creating captions
- Quotes and advice from comedians including David Walliams, Susan Calman and Lenny Henry
- Top comedy writing tips for pupils
- Guidance on using SPaG for comedy writing
- Ideas for extending comedy writing across your school
- Links to comedy video clips
National curriculum links
The activities in the primary and secondary resource packs support speaking, reading and writing outcomes from across the national curriculum from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4.
“What a highly engaging resources for raising attainment in literacy! BBC Comedy Classroom provides a comprehensive framework for developing reading, writing and talking skills, and was a tremendous support for our whole school comedy festival. The resources helped our teachers introduce pupils to different kinds of comedy and use literary devices in their own writing and speaking.”Lucy Gallagher, Deputy Headteacher