We are thrilled to announce Talk To Your Baby 2020 will be taking place on 27 January at Millennium Point in Birmingham.
- Judith Parke, the National Literacy Trust's head of Home Learning Environment, will be introducing Small Talk, our programme designed to support families to chat, play and read by delivering simple messages and resources in community spaces.
- Michelle Peter from the University of Liverpool will be speaking about the work she has been doing with LuCiD, which focuses on children's early language processing speed and how this relates to their vocabulary growth.
- Jeanne Shinksey and Jessie Ricketts from the Royal Holloway University of London Baby Lab will be exploring the impact of lift-the-flap books on early language acquisition, and discussing a new Nuffield-funded project on educational picture books for one-year-olds.
- Dave Neale from the Centre for Research on Play in Education, Development and Learning (PEDAL) will be looking at evidence that play is a significant driver of learning and development, and how can we harness its benefits to promote children's learning and development.
- Deborah Powers, Speech and Language Therapist at Time to Talk Warwickshire will be discussing their new toolkit for practitioners and families to support young children’s everyday learning at home, and how they are tailoring national resources to meet local needs.
- Alison David, Consumer Insight Director at Egmont Publishing will talk about parents’ perceptions and attitudes to children’s reading and their motivations to read to their baby, sharing insights from sales data for books for 0-2-year-olds and discuss challenges and solutions to getting reading to infants on the family agenda.
This year’s theme is 'chat, play, read', building on the current policy focus on the home learning environment. In addition to presenting Small Talk, the National Literacy Trust’s local programme to improve the home learning environment, the conference will also include the latest research, policy and practice with speakers from across the sector, and delegates ranging from local authority front-line staff to programme delivery partners.
Highlights from 2019
Read about the learning from some of most popular talks of 2019 here and access handy, downloadable digests!
The early bird price of £175 is available until 30 September 2019. Book your place using the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.