About Hungry Little Minds in Scarborough
In June 2021, the Hungry Little Minds campaign - led by the National Literacy Trust - launched 12 brand new story trails in local parks and lakes across the country for families, carers and early years settings with children aged 2-5.
The story trail is based on a story written by children’s author Rebecca Lewis-Oakes and illustrated by Aaron Cushley. The story trail leads families around the local park as they follow the adventures of Uncle Josh, Mia, Kai and their dog Scruffy.
We are thrilled to announce that we now have a digitised version of the story trail, meaning that all families, carers and early years settings can download the trail to a digital device and carry out the activity whenever works best.
Follow the CaVCA Facebook page to stay up to date with local updates.
How to use the digitised story trail
- Have your mobile device fully charged
- Download the story trail PDF (below)
- Pack your park bag! Get some paper and pencils at the ready, as we want to engage your little ones as much as possible
- Head to St Mary's Church (Castle Road, Scarborough YO11 1HY)
- Start the trail by following the map in the booklet
- Carry out the trail with your little one and enjoy all that it has to offer! If you would like to share your experience, you can do so by using the hashtag #HLMStoryTrail
- Your feedback is very important to us, so please spare 10 minutes to complete this survey, so that we can hear your thoughts and experiences
"This was a brilliant morning, thank you for organising. Please let this be an annual thing!"- Parent from launch event