Over the last couple of months we’ve gifted 240 free books to the following locations, to celebrate two years of Birmingham Stories:
- Ashiana Community Project Family Wellbeing Centre (Sparkbrook)
- Anawim Birmingham's Centre for Women (Balsall Heath)
- Hawkesley Community Centre (Kings Norton)
- Birmingham Mind Handsworth and Beechcroft Hubs (Handsworth and Erdington)
- St Barnabas Community Café (Erdington)
Some of these organisations will be gifting books to the families they work with, whilst others are planning on setting up community bookshelves so people can borrow, swap and share free books this winter and beyond!
We've also teamed up with Birmingham’s Frankfurt Christmas Market to gift over 60 free books in return for a story about people’s favourite Christmas memory. These stories will be shared throughout December on our My Birmingham Story webpage and Instagram.
A huge thanks goes to our incredible range of publisher partners, as their support ensures we can continue to gift books to families across the city, and our Literacy Champions who have helped to pack and share the books with families.