Our impact in 2016/17:
- We directly supported the literacy of 108,198 children through our programmes.
- We supported literacy in 3,685 schools and 143 early years settings.
- We launched Stoke Reads to tackle low literacy in Stoke-on-Trent and Read North East to address literacy levels in the region.
- Work in our National Literacy Trust Hubs in Middlesbrough, Bradford and Peterborough went from strength to strength.
- We engaged 51 businesses with the literacy challenge through our Vision for Literacy Business Pledge.
- 39,411 children and young people took part in our annual literacy survey and we released four research reports with the findings.
- Our campaigning had a media reach of 201m and an equivalent advertising value of £4.1m. Our Twitter followers reached 50k and our Facebook Likes rose to 9,180.