A writing challenge for Key Stage 2 pupils around on the Timmy Failure books by Stephan Pastis. Pupils are asked with writing and illustrating their own Timmy Failure detective story featuring characters from the book.
There are two resources available for teachers to download and support the task:
• A teaching resource featuring ideas for incorporating the task into class time
• A cross-curricular resource for running Timmy Failure-themed lessons and activities across different subject areas
In addition, the following supporting resources are also available:
• Timmy Failure bookmarks for pupils taking part in the challenge
• A class poster that could be displayed in the school to promote the challenge
• A ‘reading leads the way to greatness’ certificate of achievement for all pupils who complete the task
These resources were created in partnership with Walker Books for a competition we ran in 2016.
You might also be interested in
FreeSupporting schools and early years settings with literacy teaching resources to help enrich your lessons linking to literacy moments and awareness days throughout the academic year.View details about Literacy teaching and school events calendar 2023-2024
PremiumExplore our ‘Top Ten’ ideas for using storytelling to build bridges with parents and families. The resource was designed for primary schools but could easily be adapted for secondary.View details about The Storytellers’ Top Ten: using storytelling to promote parental engagement