These resources are only available to schools and settings once they have undertaken Everyone Ready for School training. If you are not participating in the programme but are interested in doing so in the future, you can fill out the expression of interest form.
This page contains all the resources you will need to run your Everyone Ready for School programme. The resources complement the materials received at your training day.
Please note that these resources will continue to be developed, adapted and added to, so it is important that you check them regularly.
Best practice examples will be shared as they are developed. If you feel others could benefit from examples of what you have been doing in your setting, please contact email@example.com.
Below is a brief description of each resource.
- Staff training presentation: the PowerPoint presentation used in the staff training
Everyone Ready for School delivery guide
- A digital version of the guide you received at training. This includes a checklist and action plan with good practice ideas for being a ready school, and thorough plans to support delivery of family sessions
Everyone Ready for School: home booklet
A clear and simple booklet for parents with fun activities to help their child learn and be ready for school
Local needs discussion document
- A document detailing the discussion that took place between pre-school, nursery and school staff during the training identifying the local needs in the Darlington area.
School readiness discussion document
- A document detailing the discussion that took place between pre-school, nursery and school staff during the training interpreting the term 'school readiness' for the Darlington area.
Behaviours and attitudes discussion document
- A document detailing the discussion at training about behaviours, attitudes and actions to support parents and build relationships in the Darlington area.
Network meeting feedback documents
- Documents detailing discussions held at the first, second and third network meetings held in Darlington, summer term 2019.
Case study template
- Complete the case study to capture your learning as a practitioner, and your observations of a family's journey. Please ask parents to complete the National Literacy Trust permission form if you would include photos of volunteers, parents and children in your case study.
- A survey for parents to complete during the last session to reflect on the impact of the programme for them and their child, to identify changed behaviours at home to develop the home learning environment and improve school readiness following taking part in Everyone Ready for School. Practitioners are to print out the survey for each family and support with reading questions and scribe answers as appropriate.
- Please complete this progress report after your sessions have finished in the Summer term
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about the programme or resources.