Personalisation can be a powerful tool to help support engagement in shared reading between parent and child and enhance a range of essential literacy skills for younger pupils.
These resources aim to build the bridge between the emerging research and its practical application to improve outcomes for younger children.
The A3 research poster The Power of Personalisation is an easily digestible summary of research in this area printable for whole-school display and discussion.
The complimentary Bringing stories alive – putting the child at the centre provides our top five tips for putting personalisation into practice, with suggestions for key books including:
- Traction Man by Mini Grey
- My Brother by Anthony Browne
- Stanley’s Stick by John Hegley
- Would You Rather by John Burningham
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- There’s a Bear on My Chair by Ross Collins