Evaluate your current literacy provision and develop an action plan for moving forward.
Primary (posters with separate guidance documents):
- Early reading and phonics
- Reading enjoyment
- Reading comprehension
- Writing culture
- Writing curriculum
- Embedding the writing process
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Transcription - handwriting and spelling
Perfect for staff meetings, senior leadership discussions and literacy leader analysis, the evaluation tools are supported by a wealth of membership resources. The posters are designed to be printed in A3 and displayed around the school.
Secondary school review audit and guidance:
- Leading literacy across the school
- Reading for pleasure and wider reading
- Reading skills
- Wider writing and writing for enjoyment
- Writing skills
- Supporting literacy and planning interventions
Annual Literacy Toolkit
The Annual Literacy School Review sits alongside our Annual Literacy Research and Policy Guide and our Annual Literacy Survey. Together this Annual Literacy Toolkit provides a comprehensive suite of materials to support evaluation, reflection and ongoing strategic development of whole-school literacy.
Updated every year, these three essential publications can be built into your annual school-improvement cycle to provide a gateway to good practice that is informed by evidence, in line with policy and inspired by practical ideas.