The 2019/20 edition remains available on this page for reference and to catch up on any information you may have missed.
This yearly compilation of recent research and policy developments in literacy supports busy practitioners to build evidence-based practice, and to develop sustainable literacy strategies across your school.
- Early reading and phonics
- Reading for enjoyment
- Reading comprehension
- Writing for pleasure, writing curriculum and process
- Literacy leadership
- Leading literacy across the school
- Reading for enjoyment and wider reading
- Developing teachers’ pedagogy for reading
- Wider writing and writing for enjoyment
- Developing writing skills and pedagogy
- Developing oracy
- Supporting literacy through planning interventions
Annual Literacy Toolkit
The Annual Literacy Research and Policy Guide sits alongside our Annual Literacy School Review and our Annual Literacy Survey. Together this Literacy Toolkit provides a comprehensive suite of materials to support evaluation, reflection and ongoing strategic development of whole-school literacy. Updated each year, these three essential publications can be built into your annual school-improvement cycle to provide a gateway to good practice that is informed by evidence, in line with policy and inspired by practical ideas.