We are looking for 12 childminders with children aged 2-4 in Swindon to deliver the programme and provide feedback for future development. We hope the programme will provide:
Benefits for childminders
- increased knowledge and understanding of how to support children’s communication, language, and literacy (CLL)
- skills to use strategies to support language through each of the 6 focus activities.
- confidence to support language development through each of the 6 focus activities, build them into daily routines and help parents do the same at home
Benefits for children
- ability to listen to, join in with, and enjoy stories more.
- ability to listen to, join in with, and enjoy songs and rhymes.
- increased receptive and expressive vocabulary.
- enjoy sharing books with adults more and choosing their own favourite books to share.
Settings that deliver the programme and complete all the required feedback will receive a thank you payment of £2,000 for their involvement, following the project.
We are looking for a range of childminders with different levels of experience and confidence, and with different approaches, to take part. We can only work with 12 childminders maximum, so please fill in the expression of interest form below to apply, and be prepared to attend an introductory meeting on Monday 10 July at 7pm on Teams, if you are selected.
If you have any questions about the programme at this stage, please email email@example.com (National Literacy Trust) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Bristol and Beyond Stronger Practice Hub)
Expression of interest
The expression of interest period has now finished. The programme will take place between September and December 2023 and more information will be included here soon.
We will use your personal data in order to respond to this expression of interest, and will need to share it with the Education Endowment Foundation and the Bristol and Beyond Stronger Practice Hub. It will only be used for this purpose, and will not be shared with anyone else.