We held a high-level roundtable in Parliament in May 2016 to discuss the white paper and its implications for the education sector and literacy specifically. Themes discussed include the delivery of school improvement services and changes to ITT and QTS.
- Geoff Barton, headteacher, King Edward VI School, Bury St Edmunds
- Frances Child, Vice Principal, University of Birmingham School, Director of School-Led Initial Teacher Education
- Dawn Elliot, Head of Partnership Tax, KPMG and governor at The City Academy.
- Sarah Hubbard, Ofsted, National Lead for English (primary and secondary stage)
- Professor Debra Myhill, Graduate School of Education, University of Exeter
- Carl Ward, Chief Executive, City Learning Trust, Stoke-on-Trent
The discussion was chaired by Baroness Kay Andrews and Stephen McPartland MP.