We are calling on Manchester residents of all ages to Take 10!
Reading for 10 minutes every day can help you relax, learn and feel good.
Why you should read for 10 minutes every day
Reading can help you to:
- Relax and unwind, helping you to feel good
- Escape from the pressures of life
- Improve your memory and concentration
Reading in front of children will inspire them to read too.
Not sure where to start? There are lots of ways you can squeeze 10 minutes of reading into your day:
- Get lost in a book on your commute
- Spend your lunch break reading
- Think beyond books – you can read magazines, newspapers and blogs too
- Set aside family reading time with children and other family members
- Go to the library! It’s welcoming and full of stories and information