To celebrate the Bard's enduring legacy, we have created a cross-curricular resource for Key Stage 3 students, supported by PwC. This resource focuses on Macbeth and The Tempest and provides teachers across the curriculum with practical ideas and lesson plans for teaching the plays in their subject area.
The full resource contains:
• an introduction to the resource
• an overview of the lesson plans
• the literacy outcomes of the resource mapped against the curricula of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland,
• a total of ten detailed lesson plans across five subject areas along with the associated extracts from the plays
• synopses of Macbeth and The Tempest.
The lesson plans can also be downloaded separately, by subject area:
• English and Drama
• Art and Design
• Citizenship/Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Development.
Many thanks to Sophie Holdforth for her help in creating this resource.
You might also be interested in
PremiumA compilation of recent research and policy developments to support whole-school and disciplinary literacy in secondary schools.View details about Secondary School Literacy Research and Policy Guide