The National Literacy Trust is part of the Fair Education Alliance (FEA), which is comprised of 27 of the UK’s leading organisations that are committed to tackling educational equality. The goal of the FEA is to significantly narrow the achievement gap between young people from our poorest communities and their wealthier peers by 2022.
The FEA has set out five impact goals to tackle this inequality:
- Narrow the gap in literacy and numeracy at primary school
- Narrow the gap in GCSE attainment at secondary school
- Ensure young people develop key strengths, including resilience and wellbeing, to support high aspirations
- Narrow the gap in the proportion of young people taking part in further education or employment based training after finishing their GCSEs
- Narrow the gap in university graduation, including from the 25% most selective universities
The FEA is aligned with the two other major coalitions that the National Literacy Trust is part of: Read On. Get On. and the Vision for Literacy.