How long is the training?
This online training involves two 90-minute sessions.
Session one: Wednesday 13 October 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Wednesday 3 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
What will I learn?
- Explores the literacy demands of GCSE subjects
- Develops strategies for improving reading comprehension, focusing on active reading
- Highlights different text types for subject areas and specific writing conventions for different subjects
- Promotes the teaching of academic language and direct vocabulary instruction
- Examines the use of key academic writing tools such as nominalisation
Who is the training suitable for?
- For teachers of GCSE subjects
- For whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators