How long is the training?
Two 90 minute, online CPD sessions
Session one: Wednesday 6 October 2021 15.30 – 17.00
Session two: Wednesday 20 October 2021 15.30 – 17.00
What will I learn?
This course explores:
- Recent research into the vocabulary gap and its correlation with attainment
- The role of academic language in the curriculum
- Ways to teach the different tiers of vocabulary in a range of subject contexts
- Word morphology and how to teach it
- A range of strategies for direct vocabulary teaching
The course is suitable for:
Secondary subject teachers and middle leaders
Whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators