Our annual survey of pupils aged 5 to 18 explores children and young people’s reading, writing, speaking and listening enjoyment, behaviour and attitudes. For 2021 we will also be looking at pupils' literacy experiences during the pandemic, lockdown and school closures.
All participating schools will get their own individual school report that outlines your basic findings, which you can compare nationally once the national reports are published.
You could use your report to:
- Inform your literacy and numeracy strategy
- Give as supporting evidence to OFSTED
- Review your current provision
Register your interest to take part in 2021
Registration for the 2021 survey is now closed.
The survey will be open for responses until 8 March.
We will be continuing to run both surveys during the new school closures announced on 4 January. We encourage teachers to share the survey links as part of home study assignments. Please note the following:
- The survey is just a web link so should work on any device.
- Younger children, particularly those completing the 5-8 survey, may need help from parents or carers so please do pass on the instructions we sent to you. We also encourage children in the survey itself to ask a parent or teacher if they get stuck.
- Don’t forget that this survey can be shared with other teachers, too, so whoever is responsible for assigning work is able to send out the links.