On May 10th at 10am, we're calling on the nation to Take 10 and read. Our research has shown us that reading can be an effective way of helping people take care of their mental health and wellbeing – and it only takes 10 minutes a day to see the benefits!
Reading can help you to:
- Relax and unwind, helping you to feel good
- Escape from the pressures of life
- Improve your memory and concentration
Reading in front of children will inspire them to read too.
Not sure where to start? There are lots of ways you can squeeze 10 minutes of reading into your day:
- Register here to take part in our Take 10 Challenge on May 10th, and to receive free resources
- Get lost in a book on your commute
- Spend your lunch break reading
- Think beyond books – you can read magazines, newspapers and blogs too
- Set aside family reading time with children and other family members
- Visit the Virtual School Library and check out a book from our author of the week