Log in to our Skills Academy website for how-to videos on amazing freestyle football tricks, and beatbox and breakdancing skills. All you need to do is complete the online reading challenges, featuring texts about football, breakdance and beatboxing. Good luck!
You will need:
- Access to a phone, tablet or computer.
- An email address.
- A football, some music and some space where you won’t break anything!
What do you need to do?
- Go to the Skills Academy website www.skillsacademy.org.uk and choose the family log in option.
- You will be asked for your name and an email address. You should be aged 13 or over to register.
- You will be sent an email with a user name (your email address) and a password. Keep this email safe!
- Go back to the Skills Academy website www.skillsacademy.org.uk and log in.
- Choose a theme: freestyle football, or Beatbox and Breakdance! The reading challenges use texts that are about these subjects.
- Go for it! When you complete them you will unlock a video teaching a trick or skill relating to your chosen theme.
- Turn on the music, find somewhere to practise the skills and try not to wreck the joint.
These challenges are part of our Skills Academy reading intervention – a programme for students in Years 7 & 8 to boost their comprehension skills. In the current COVID-19 period, schools can also access the programme for free. Teachers should visit our Skills Academy area for schools for more information.