Our new online CPD course promotes reading for pleasure as a route to recovery in schools and supports a blended model of remote and face-to-face learning.
How long is the training?
Two 90-minute, online CPD sessions
What will I learn?
- Reviews current research to reflect on the impact of lockdown on reading for pleasure
- Considers how best to support intrinsic motivation for reading
- Explores the use of digital tools to encourage reading for pleasure in school and at home and support a blended learning approach
- Reflects on the central role of school libraries in addressing diversity and promoting a rich and broad reading experience
- Discusses ways of using multi-modal reading to encourage reading for pleasure
The course is suitable for:
Secondary subject teachers and middle leaders
Whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators
What are the costs?
The group rate for this course is £550
How can I arrange a session?
For more information and to arrange a session, please email Nisha Tank: firstname.lastname@example.org