How long is the training?
This online training involves two 90 minute sessions.
Session one: Thursday 4 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Thursday 18 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session one: Monday 24 January 2022 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Monday 14 February 2022 14.30 – 16.00
What will I learn?
- Uses evidence from research and theory to investigate effective literacy strategies for teaching and learning science (physics, chemistry and biology)
- Introduces active reading strategies with science texts
- Develops knowledge and strategies for teaching scientific vocabulary
- Introduces a framework for modelling and planning longer writing questions
Who is the training suitable for?
- Science teachers
- Middle leaders and department or faculty leaders
- Whole school literacy leaders or literacy co-ordinators
What are the costs?
£110 for a single ticket
£1,200 for a group session
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: email@example.com