How long is the training?
This online training involves two 90 minute sessions.
What will I learn?
- Promotes evidenced-based approaches to developing literacy for history, geography and religious studies.
- Explores reading strategies which engage with challenging texts.
- Develops strategies to support academic vocabulary acquisition.
- Examines key language features which help students write more formally.
- Supports modelling and deconstruction of typical humanities texts.
Who is the training suitable for?
- For teachers of history, geography and religious studies at KS3.
- For middle leaders and department or faculty leaders.
- For whole school literacy leaders or literacy co-ordinators.
What are the costs?
£1,200 for the 2 sessions.
How can I arrange a session?
For more information and to arrange a session, please email Marlene Vasquez-Cain: firstname.lastname@example.org