This professional development programme is for teachers of subjects with extended writing supported by literacy leaders. It will enable teachers to reflect on and develop their practice in teaching writing in the curriculum. Literacy leaders will be able to apply their learning to lead a whole-school writing programme.
How long is the training?
- Two 90 minute, online CPD sessions
- Two class- based writing tasks
- One post - project discussion and reflection session
What will I learn?
The online CPD introduces teachers to a structured process for developing and improving writing across a range of secondary subjects including:
- Teacher reflection and experience of teaching writing in their subject
- Strategies for building students’ confidence and resilience for extended writing
- Review of research into what works in teaching writing to adolescents
- Templates for modelling and planning extended writing in different genres
- Practice using success criteria to support student evaluation of their own and others’ writing
- Support for embedding authentic writing tasks into the subject curriculum
Participating teachers are encouraged to implement the process and strategies with one class over a term before reporting on impact and reflecting on their learning experience in the final CPD session.
What are the costs?
Cost for full programme: £1,600
Cost includes a 30 page teacher handbook and 1 hour online or phone consultancy support
How can I arrange a session?
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: firstname.lastname@example.org