How long is the training?
This online training involves two 90-minute sessions.
What will I learn?
- Explores the literacy demands of GCSE subjects
- Develops strategies for improving reading comprehension, focusing on active reading.
- Highlights different text types for subject areas and specific writing conventions for different subjects.
- Promotes the teaching of academic language and direct vocabulary instruction.
- Examines the use of key academic writing tools such as nominalisation.
Who is the training suitable for?
- For teachers of GCSE subjects.
- For whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators.
What are the costs?
£1,100 for the 2 sessions
How can I arrange a session?
For more information and to arrange a session, please email Marlene Vasquez-Cain: firstname.lastname@example.org