How long is the training?
Two 90-minute, online CPD sessions:
Session one: Thursday 10 March 2022 15.30 – 17.00
Session two: Thursday 24 March 2022 15.30 – 17.00
What will I learn?
Across the two sessions we will:
- use evidence from research to investigate effective literacy strategies for teaching and learning in history
- explore active reading strategies to engage with a variety of texts
- develop strategies to support vocabulary acquisition
- understand how to move students informal talk into formal, academic written language
- reflect on the importance of modelling the reading to writing sequence to improve writing
Who is the course suitable for?
Secondary history teachers, middle leaders, whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators
What are the costs?
£110 for a single ticket
£1,200 for a group session
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: firstname.lastname@example.org