How long is the training?
Two 90 minute, online CPD sessions
Session one: Wednesday 10 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Wednesday 24 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Session one: Thursday 10 February 2022 14.30 – 16.00
Session two: Wednesday 9 March 2022 14.30 – 16.00
What will I learn?
Across the two sessions we will:
- Use evidence from research and theory to investigate effective literacy strategies for teaching and learning geography
- Demonstrate active reading strategies to engage with a variety of geographical texts
- Develop knowledge and strategies for teaching geographical vocabulary and morphology
- Understand how to develop informal talk into formal writing
- Use a process to model how reading can improve extended writing in geography
Who is the course suitable for?
Geography teachers and leaders, whole-school literacy coordinators
What are the costs?
£110 for a single ticket
£1,200 for a group session
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: firstname.lastname@example.org