How long is the training?
Two 90 minute, online CPD sessions
Option 1 - Autumn
- Session one: Tuesday 5 October 2021 14.30 – 16.00
- Session two: Thursday 18 November 2021 14.30 – 16.00
Option 2 - Spring
- Session one: Tuesday 8 March 2022 14.30 – 16.00
- Session two: Tuesday 22 March 2022 14.30 – 16.00
What will I learn?
This course explores:
- Using evidence from research and theory to investigate effective literacy strategies for teaching and learning in English
- Exploring the use of reading strategies to support active reading of fiction, non-fiction and 19th century literary texts
- Developing strategies to support the acquisition of academic vocabulary
- Reviewing key writing conventions for evaluative writing
- Discussing the use of academic writing tools to support analytical writing.
Who is the course suitable for?
Early Career English teachers, teaching assistants working in English, postholders in English with a responsibility for literacy, literacy leaders
What are the costs?
£110 for a single ticket
£1,200 for a group session
For more information, or to make a group booking e.g. for an INSET session, contact Nisha Tank: email@example.com