Reading and viewing; multi-modal literacy
Understand multi-modal reading and how it varies depending on the curriculum area.
Developing reading skills
Learn important approaches and techniques to improve word recognition and language comprehension.
Support struggling readers and understand the issues around learning to read in a second language
Explore the issues behind learning to read in a second language and adopt practical strategies to support weaker readers to improve their reading capabilities.
Be able to lead on conscious vocabulary building across curriculum
Know how to build vocabulary across the curriculum through wider reading and conscious instruction.
The workshop takes place over one day.
- Explore speaking and listening research and theory
- Oracy strategies for higher order talk
- From talk to writing: introduction to the register continuum
- Review and trial strategies to develop students' oracy skills in subjects
- Reviewing subject areas with a focus on speaking and listening
Owing to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, delivery of face-to-face training has been suspended. Please explore our online training opportunities. If you have a specific query about our face-to-face course email Marlene Vasquez-Cain.