We are currently seeking schools in Nottingham to get involved in our fully funded poetry programme for class groups of students in Years 5 to 9 for 2021/22. The project will run throughout the school year and will involve:
- Engagement with a local cultural venue, through a class visit or similar activity
- A poetry workshop with local professional poet, in-school or virtual
To register your interest please email Sean Cumming, Young Poets Project Manager.
We provide resources and curriculum-linked lesson plans, to support a teacher to deliver the following programme:
We recommend that students work through these steps in this order:
- Getting started - Starter activities for writing poetry
- Ideas-generation stage - Your memorable class experience
- Development - A workshop with your allocated poet complemented by poetry development activities and lessons
- Performance and anthology - We will prepare an anthology of students' poems and provide opportunities for performance
Download the relevant zip file for all of the resources and detailed teacher guidance.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact Sean Cumming, Young Poets Project Manager.