We are currently seeking schools in Birmingham to get involved in our fully funded poetry programme for class groups of students in Years 5 to 9 from Autumn 2021. The project will run throughout the school year and will involve:
- Engagement with a local cultural venue, through a class visit or similar activity
- A poetry workshop with local professional poet, in-school or virtual
To register your interest please email email@example.com
This area is for schools involved in the Young Birmingham Poets project and downloads on this page are restricted to programme participants.
On this page under available files you can find the documents that will support you in delivering the project, including the resource pack and slides from the CPD day.
If you have any questions about the project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A detailed overview of the project lesson sequence.
- Activities for students to complete as a stimulus for their poetry writing
- Homework tasks to complement their in class work
- Suggestions on how to edit and perform poetry
Slides from the CPD sessions
These outline the structure of the project and its main aims and objectives of the project.
- A set of resources for a sequence of lessons on local and personal/family history
- One workshop with a professional poet at your school
- Opportunities for performance and publishing
- Free audiobooks from Audible
- A year of National Literacy Trust membership to support literacy across the school
- That you deliver at least five lessons with your class, using the local or personal/family history as inspiration for their poetry writing
- That you nominate and ensure the inclusion of your students in the performance and publishing opportunities
- That you and your students complete the post-project evaluation survey