Access to the downloadables on this page is restricted to training participants.
The Puffin World of Stories face to face training focused on how to encourage a whole school reading community. These documents were included in your participants' pack and are now available for download by those who participated in the training. You will also find a copy of the presentation slides for your reference.
Each document links to a different aspect of developing a reading community in your school, with practical ideas to help you engage with pupils, teachers and parents and support reader development through the school library:
- Sample reading strategy - a sample of an effective strategy to support and sustain a reading community
- Grant funding - a summary of grant funding bodies who support school libraries and literacy projects
- Reading role models - teachers - how teachers can support reading in school
- Reading role models - parents - how to engage and support parents with reading
- Top tips for parents - helping parents support their child's reading
- Library lesson ideas - ideas to support reader development in library lessons
- Sample pupil librarian form - a sample of a pupil librarian job description and application form
- Author visits - how to organise a successful author visit
You can use these documents to develop the reading for pleasure provision in your school.