Access to the downloadables on this page is restricted to training participants.
The Puffin World of Stories face to face training focused on how to encourage a whole school reading community. These documents were included in your participants' pack and are now available for download by those who participated in the training. You will also find a copy of the presentation slides for your reference.
Each document links to a different aspect of developing a reading community in your school, with practical ideas to help you engage with pupils, teachers and parents and support reader development through the school library:
- Sample reading strategy - a sample of an effective strategy to support and sustain a reading community
- Grant funding - a summary of grant funding bodies who support school libraries and literacy projects
- Reading role models - teachers - how teachers can support reading in school
- Reading role models - parents - how to engage and support parents with reading
- Top tips for parents - helping parents support their child's reading
- Library lesson ideas - ideas to support reader development in library lessons
- Sample pupil librarian form - a sample of a pupil librarian job description and application form
- Author visits - how to organise a successful author visit
You can use these documents to develop the reading for pleasure provision in your school.
Puffin Schools teaching resources
You will also find Puffin Schools teaching resources shared via the Puffin World of Stories newsletters available to download.